In case you haven’t yet seen it, please take a few moments to check out this mini-film!
As a friendly reminder, parent-teacher conferences are coming up!
- On Monday, March 3, grade K–8 parent-teacher conferences will take place from 12:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m.
- On Tuesday, March 4, grades K–5 parent-teacher conferences will take place from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- On Tuesday, March 4, grades 6–12 parent-teacher conferences will take place from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Parent-teacher conferences are a really important opportunity for parents and teachers to forge partnerships in students’ education. They help to foster positive, ongoing communication with all stakeholders in our students’ academic experience, and research has repeatedly demonstrated that, when parents and community members are actively engaged with students’ education, the students reap significant benefits.
To get the most benefit from their conferences, we encourage parents to:
- write down in advance any questions or concerns that they may have;
- consider developing a plan with the teacher to facilitate the student’s learning; and
- feel free to take notes.
Please remember that parents are always welcome to contact their child’s school at any time to discuss any questions or concerns they may have—not just during parent-teacher conferences! We encourage, welcome, and value your partnerships at all times, as is affirmed in the Colchester School District Vision and Strategic Plan 2012–2017.
Please also feel free to contact your child’s school with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for partnering with us!
When we’re all informed, we make a stronger community! Please encourage your friends and family to subscribe to the Spotlight.