The Thirty-First-Annual Colchester Winter Carnival will be held at Colchester High School on Friday, January 31 and Saturday, February 1, and the Colchester’s Got Talent Show will take place on Friday, January 31 beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the community theater at CHS!
Interested? Please click here to access the registration form! (Those interested may also pick up the form at the Colchester Parks and Recreation Department at 781 Blakely Road.) The registration deadline is Monday, January 13.
Here are the rules and regulations (which are also found on the registration form):
- All participants must be residents of Colchester
- Contestants can only be in one act
- Talent acts may only be five (5) minutes or less in length
- An official timekeeper will be on hand to time each act
- One point will be deducted from the score for each five (5) seconds over the five-minute limit.
- No videos may be used as part of an act
- Deadline for entries is noon on Monday, January 13, 2014
- No late entries will be accepted
- Acts will be notified after the auditions if they have been accepted
- Each category will be awarded cash prizes for first, second, and third place
- First place: $150.00
- Second place: $75.00
- Third place: $50.00
- No lip-syncing (singing or mouthing to pre-recorded music that already has the lyric track)
- If using a CD for singing, the lyric track must be removed so that it is only instrumental
- The first act chosen to perform a song is the only act allowed to sing that song
Auditions will be held Thursday, January 16 and Friday, January 17; audition slots will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis with a completed registration form.
The Colchester’s Got Talent Show is open to all ages and is divided into three categories:
- Youth (Ages 6–11)
- Junior (Ages 12–14)
- Adult (Ages 15 and older)
For additional information, please call the Colchester Parks and Recreation Department at 264-5640 or contact Program Coordinator Jenn Turmel at 264-5643 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Colchester School District Vision and Strategic Plan 2012–2017 includes Pathway G: Town + School = One Vision. We are working hard to build an even stronger, more cohesive community!
Your schools and your town government are working hard to engage our community. Please encourage your friends and family to subscribe to The Spotlight. When we’re all informed, we make a stronger community!