Many community members have expressed interest in assisting with a Colchester School District voter drive effort ahead of the upcoming May 1 budget vote. If you are interested in participating, here is how you can help!
1. Visit the Colchester Neighborhood Index and identify which neighborhood zone your home is located in.
2. Spread the word. Send e-mails, make Facebook posts, tell your friends and neighbors that there is a school budget vote on May 1.
3. Vote early at the Town Office (8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.) up until April 30 or call the Town Office (802-264-5500) and ask to have an absentee ballot mailed to your home.
4. Contact three voters in your neighborhood zone that are related to a current CSD student. By e-mail, text, or phone, you will send them two messages:
– On Monday, April 30, tell them, “Tomorrow is Voting Day. Please vote.”
– On Tuesday, May 1, ask them, “Have you voted yet?” Repeat the message throughout the day until they respond, “Yes!”
If you are willing to participate in this effort, please send us an e-mail with “SOS Zone [your zone #]” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.