On Wednesday, April 18 at 7:00 p.m., town and school officials will discuss their revised budgets with the public live on Lake Champlain Access Television (LCATV). Please call in at (802) 862-5724 with your questions and comments to participate in the discussion.
Colchester School District’s new budget reflects $314,868 in expenditure reductions as well as a $200,000 increase in revenue (funds that were originally designated for the resurfacing of Colchester High School’s aging track).
The following services and/or positions have been eliminated as a result of the proposed budget reductions:
- Grades 6–12 technology integration position
- EEE speech and language pathologist
- Colchester High School custodial position
- An after-school activity bus
- A .20 alternative education (CAP) teacher position
- Four Special Education and General Education support staff positions
- Lab monitors at Malletts Bay School and Colchester Middle School
The newly proposed budget is an increase of about 2.47 percent, or about $789,000.
The next vote will take place on May 1.
Keep current with CSD’s news and other education-related information by subscribing to CSD Spotlight. Enter an e-mail address into the field under E-mail Subscriptions in the upper right-hand side of this screen and click “Sign me up!”