Colchester School District is working hard to enhance frequent and meaningful communications with the community. CSD Spotlight and our revamped Facebook page were new initiatives in 2011 as part of our overall goal to encourage stronger relationships and the exchange of ideas with our community. We would love to know how you feel we are doing.
- What would you like to know more about?
- What have been some of your favorite CSD Spotlight features—and why?
- What do you feel is lacking?
- Are there other specific types of communication that you would like us to employ?
Please share your thoughts with us; we ask for your feedback in a true spirit of collaboration and accountability. We hope to join with you to facilitate increased community involvement and to foster valuable partnerships. Please e-mail your comments to our superintendent and/or our communications specialist.
The entire district is working to develop additional strategies for supporting the Colchester School District Vision/Strategic Plan’s pathway around communication. In addition to CSD Spotlight, Front Porch Forum, and our Facebook page, we also employ a variety of other communications methods.
- The district maintains a comprehensive website.
- Each of our schools has a website.
- Many of our teachers have blogs.
- The district uses the AlertNow! notification system.
- The Colchester School Board encourages community participation at their meetings; in fact, the board’s agenda solicits comments from the community at every meeting. Join them at Colchester High School on the first and third Tuesday of each month beginning at 7:00 p.m. You can also watch them on Lake Champlain Access Television’s Channel 16 on Saturdays at 6:00 p.m. and Sundays at 7:00 a.m.
- The Colchester Sun regularly features district-related news.
- Our schools schedule a host of events throughout the year to encourage community involvement and to provide opportunities to facilitate meaningful face-to-face conversations.
We can better tailor our communications with our community when we better understand what our community needs. We hope to encourage dialogue that allows us to be proactive and that enhances our collaboration. Please let us know your thoughts!
Keep current with CSD’s news and other education-related information by subscribing to CSD Spotlight. Enter an e-mail address into the field under E-mail Subscriptions in the upper right-hand side of this screen and click “Sign me up!”Work